Caring Family Law Guidance
Family law matters can be very personal. They can be stressful and emotionally crushing. The outcome of your family law matter or divorce can last a lifetime. The last thing you want is for your lawyer to be distant, uninvolved, uncaring and inexperienced.
We do not simply say we care about you, we show it by working with you and working hard to get results that matter to you in your family law case. We have developed a reputation for outstanding results in family law matters, and we earn and defend that reputation in every single case.
Comprehensive Family Law Representation
With more than 30 years of experience on our side, you can be confident in our ability to guide you through whatever family law issue you face. We handle:
- Divorce: We are fierce advocates through all aspects of the divorce process, including property identification, valuation and division. Our strong advocacy in connection with the property division aspects of a divorce case has saved our clients millions of dollars.
- Child custody and time sharing: We work with parents to ensure that they can continue to make the most of their relationship with their children and be involved in and have input in important decisions in your child’s life. You cannot get back time that is lost with your children. Our aggressive representation has resulted in favorable custody and time-sharing awards for our clients.
- Modification: When child custody or child support arrangements no longer work due to a change of circumstances, we help parents pursue modifications.
- Child support: We make sure that the just and proper amount of child support is paid. In some cases, the wages earned by each parent is fairly clear. In other instances, however, skilled advocacy can play an important role in establishing the wages earned by each parent, which, in turn, will increase or decrease the amount of child support paid or received.
- Maintenance: Called alimony in some states, “maintenance” is spousal support paid, usually monthly, by one spouse to the other. Judges have wide discretion in determining whether, and how much, maintenance is appropriate in a given case. When judges have wide latitude, as they do when considering maintenance, the role your lawyer plays is most important. Aggressive, skilled advocacy is vital in advocating for, or against, an award of maintenance, and the quality of your legal representation can literally save, or cost, thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars, in a single case.
- Domestic violence: We help people address domestic violence issues, which includes defense against the entry of domestic violence orders (DVOs) following the entry of emergency protective orders (EPOs) and interpersonal protective orders (IPOs).
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: The sad fact is that roughly half of all marriages end in divorce. Therefore, it may be advisable to consider speaking to a skilled divorce lawyer about a prenuptial agreement or a postnuptial agreement that can set forth what each spouse will receive, and not receive, in the event of divorce.
At Katz Law in Paducah, Kentucky, we apply our 30-plus years of experience with care and consideration. Our lawyers will take the time to get to know you. We will ask questions about what is most important to you moving forward, and we will listen to your answers. When we build a legal strategy, we will customize it to meet your objectives. Then we will outwork our opponent to achieve superior results. As we guide your case forward, we will remain on your side. Ours is not the type of law firm where cases are handed down the chain of command to the newest lawyer or paralegal. You will work with an experienced lawyer who will remain in communication with you from start to finish.